Learning is fun at Hillcrest Christian Preschool.
While school is closed due to the current health crisis, we’re still having fun and learning. Preschool families are encouraged to join our Facebook group for fun activities that follow along with what we would have been learning at school.
At HCPS we desire to partner with families in a child’s early education. Children prepare socially and academically for kindergarten in a nurturing Christian environment with a focus on hands-on learning through play.
Registration begins in February for the 2020-21 school year. Priority registration opens on February 3 for current and former preschool families and Hillcrest church families. Open enrollment begins on February 10.
Contact the church office (483-3331) or email email@example.com for additional details.
Morning class options for 3-year-olds:
Developmentally appropriate curriculum promoting language development, and social, physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual growth.
- 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- One-day to five-day options: Monday, Tuesday/Thursday, Wednesday/Friday
- Age 3 by December 1
PreSchool Days of Discovery afternoon class options for 4-year-olds explores the 4-year-old curriculum through learning centers and daily group activities. These experiences are carefully developed to engage and prepare the child for a successful transition to kindergarten.
- 12:30-2:30 p.m
- One-day to five-day options: Monday, Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, Friday
- Age 4 by December 1. Five-year-olds are also accepted.
- To establish an atmosphere of Christian love and to reinforce biblical principles and values
- To develop a love for learning
- To prepare your child socially, academically, physically, and emotionally for kindergarten
- Includes varied units of study depending on the interests of the students, such as “Why Am I Special”, families, fire safety, health and nutrition, five senses, planting and growing, community helpers, seasons, and holidays.
- Each unit incorporates basic skill practice needed for kindergarten readiness.
- Daily schedule includes circle time (story, music, songs, finger plays, sharing, social/academic learning time), muscle room (gross motor play), craft time/guided activities, free play, and snack time.
- Special events and field trips enhance learning throughout the year.
- Barb Hanson, preschool coordinator/teacher
- Laurie Lassinger, teaching assistant/family ministries assistant
- Kara Kartesz, preschool ministry aide
- Melissa Morris, preschool ministry aide
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 716-483-3331.