Hillcrest University, also known as Sunday School, provides opportunities for youth and adults to connect with God and others and to grow in their Christian faith with classes meeting weekly on Sundays at 10 a.m.
Summer Session starting June 6:
- Biblical Wisdom in Action: Study accounts from the Old and New Testament of people with predicaments and how they acted to solve their dilemmas. Jim Faulk leads this study which will explore what Biblical wisdom was applied to the situation and whether the people involved acted in a wise way or not. North Room #170
- Grace: Dig deep into the “grace that is greater than all our sins” with Tim Davison. Explore the meaning of grace and how it relates to our everyday lives in Christ.
- God’s Love: Knowing God through the Psalms: based on the LifeGuide Bible Study by Ruth Ann Ridley, this discussion-based class led by Dave & Libby Childs will explore how the songs of God’s people reveal the character, love, and care of God and how to apply their teaching to everyday life.
- Youth Class: for middle school and high school students
Adult classes cover a variety of topics with new offerings announced each quarter. Options may include book of the Bible studies, topical studies (such as faith, life of Christ, prayer, prophecy) or Christian life issues (such as marriage, parenting, evangelism).
Lessons are presented in a variety of formats. Some are teacher-led, some are video-based, others are discussion groups, and some are a combination. Participants are encouraged to check out the choices and attend a class that matches their interests.
Watch the home page for current offerings which have been limited due to COVID concerns and building renovations.
- Check the Sunday bulletin or visit the Information Station in the church lobby for a current list of classes and locations.
- Select a class based on your ages/life situation, a topic of interest or a classroom environment that you find comfortable. All adult classes meet in the main building.
- Discovery Town includes small group instructional time for children in kindergarten through grade five. Discovery Town meets at the Family Center.
- A preschool class are offered in the main building.