Hillcrest University, also known as Sunday School, provides opportunities for youth and adults to connect with God and others and to grow in their Christian faith with classes meeting weekly on Sundays at 10 a.m.
Fall Session starting Sept. 5:
- Grace for the Living – Tim Davison: This class will study the grace of God by focusing on how grace affects/changes our way of living and making decisions while serving God.
- The Gospel Reset Evangelism – Lyn and Kathy Osgood: The Gospel hasn’t changed, but our culture has changed. These sessions will equip and encourage us to share the Gospel message in a way that people today will truly understand.
- Shaped for Significance – Pastor Jeff: God shaped you for significance! You are more than created to fit in, you are created to stand out. That’s why God gave you a spiritual gift to serve others inside and outside the church. These Sunday sessions will explore the biblical foundation for our third purpose of serving. Discovery your aptitudes and find your place to connect with others meaningfully.
- I Said This, You Heard That and Five Lies That Ruin Relationships – Carli Wright: Relationships are not always easy. Join this two-part series beginning with, I Said This, You Heard That, by Kathleen Edelman. This 6-session video study explores how your wiring affects what you say, how you listen, and how others hear you. Chip Ingram talks about, Five Lies That Ruin Relationships. In this series, Five Lies That Ruin Relationships, we’ll define five of the most common lies that have the potential to ruin relationships with those we love.
- Youth (Middle School/High School): details coming soon
Adult classes cover a variety of topics with new offerings announced each quarter. Options may include book of the Bible studies, topical studies (such as faith, life of Christ, prayer, prophecy) or Christian life issues (such as marriage, parenting, evangelism).
Lessons are presented in a variety of formats. Some are teacher-led, some are video-based, others are discussion groups, and some are a combination. Participants are encouraged to check out the choices and attend a class that matches their interests.
- Check the Sunday bulletin or visit the Information Station in the church lobby for a current list of classes and locations.
- Select a class based on your ages/life situation, a topic of interest or a classroom environment that you find comfortable. All adult classes meet in the main building.
- Discovery Town includes small group instructional time for children in kindergarten through grade five. Discovery Town meets at the Family Center.
- A preschool class are offered in the main building.