Hillcrest University, also known as Sunday School, provides opportunities for youth and adults to connect with God and others and to grow in their Christian faith with classes meeting weekly on Sundays at 10 a.m.
Currently offering (effective Jan. 2020)
- Survey of the New Testament: Pastor Dan continues in January picking up in Galatians and continuing through Revelation. High school and college students also welcome. In-person or online.
- Apologetics 101: Learn how to respond to friends and family that pose objections to your faith in Jesus. Led by Mandie Chapman, Marker Room. Starting on Jan. 3.
- Why Do You Believe in What You Believe? Explore topics to help you grow deeper in your faith with Chris Collins via Zoom. This class will start on Jan. 17.
Adult classes cover a variety of topics with new offerings announced each quarter. Options may include book of the Bible studies, topical studies (such as faith, life of Christ, prayer, prophecy) or Christian life issues (such as marriage, parenting, evangelism).
Lessons are presented in a variety of formats. Some are teacher-led, some are video-based, others are discussion groups, and some are a combination. Participants are encouraged to check out the choices and attend a class that matches their interests.
Watch the home page for current offerings which have been limited due to COVID concerns and building renovations.
- Check the Sunday bulletin or visit the Information Station in the church lobby for a current list of classes and locations.
- Select a class based on your ages/life situation, a topic of interest or a classroom environment that you find comfortable. All adult classes meet in the main building.
- Discovery Town includes small group instructional time for children in kindergarten through grade five. Discovery Town meets at the Family Center.
- A preschool class are offered in the main building.