Hillcrest University, also known as Sunday School, provides opportunities for youth and adults to connect with God and others and to grow in their Christian faith with classes meeting weekly on Sundays at 10 a.m.
Summer Session starting June 5:
- Psalms: Prayers of the Heart, North Room #170: The Psalms show us how to relate to God as we pray our doubt, fears, and anger. They show us how to respond to God in praise. Libby Childs leads using the Life Guide Bible Study by Eugene H. Peterson
- Slow Down, Room 350: What better time than summer to slow down and enjoy the world around you. This class will view and discuss The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by John Mark Corner and Be Still by Brian Heasley. Carli Wright facilitates.
- A Hunger for God, Room 420: Discuss John Piper’s book A Hunger for God through Fasting and Prayer and explore themes on fasting and prayer from other resources. Heather Morrison and Tracy Hewitt lead.
- The Book of James (grades 6-12), Room 400: The book of James speaks to the realities of living faith in Jesus. This video series is led by Francis Chan with Ben Soffel facilitating
- Student Leadership (grades 10-12), Room 120: Students will learn how to lead small groups, develop future Sunday School material, and build an Outbound student leadership team. *Students must sign up for the class and commit to attending each week. Begins June 19. Abby Soffel leads.
Adult classes cover a variety of topics with new offerings announced each quarter. Options may include book of the Bible studies, topical studies (such as faith, life of Christ, prayer, prophecy) or Christian life issues (such as marriage, parenting, evangelism).
Lessons are presented in a variety of formats. Some are teacher-led, some are video-based, others are discussion groups, and some are a combination. Participants are encouraged to check out the choices and attend a class that matches their interests.
- Check the Sunday bulletin or visit the Information Station in the church lobby for a current list of classes and locations.
- Select a class based on your ages/life situation, a topic of interest or a classroom environment that you find comfortable. All adult classes meet in the main building.
- Discovery Town includes small group instructional time for children in kindergarten through grade five. Discovery Town meets at the Family Center.
- A preschool class are offered in the main building.